A Record-Breaking Night At The Latin Grammys
Puerto Rican hip-hop duo Calle 13 made Latin Grammy history on Thursday night, winning six out of 10 categories they were nominated for, bringing their career total to 19 awards.
Their win for “Latinoamerica” as Song of the Year was the record-breaker, surpassing the previous record 17 awards held by Juanes.
Their album “Entren Los Que Quieran” is so eclectic that it swept awards across several categories in this most diverse of music awards shows, including Urban, Alternative and Tropical.
The night before the ceremony, Shakira was named Person of the Year by the Latin Recording Academy. The non-televised event closed with the honoree’s performance of a song that celebrates her hometown, “En Barranquilla me quedo.”
Here are the winners and nominees in major categories.
Record Of The Year
1. WINNER: LATINOAMÉRICA, Calle 13
2. TAN SOLO TÚ, Franco De Vita con Alejandra Guzmán
3. GRITAR, Luis Fonsi
4. GOLPES EN EL CORAZÓN, Los Tigres Del Norte Featuring Paulina Rubio
5. LO MEJOR DE MI VIDA ERES TÚ, Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jiménez
Album of the Year
1. ALEX, JORGE Y LENA, Alex, Jorge y Lena
2. WINNER: ENTREN LOS QUE QUIERAN, Calle 13
3. EN PRIMERA FILA, Franco De Vita
4. EUPHORIA, Enrique Iglesias
5. SALE EL SOL, Shakira
Best Female Pop Vocal Album
1. MANUSCRITO, Claudia Brant
2. SEDUCCIÓN, Myriam Hernández
3. GUERRA FRÍA, Malú [Ariola / Sony Music>
4. ACORDES DE MI DIARIO, Merche
5. WINNER: SALE EL SOL, Shakira